The SpO2 instrument consists of three main components: the probe, the function module and the display section. Oxygen Probes For most monitors on the market, the technology for detecting SpO2 is mature. The accuracy of the SpO2 detected by a monitor is largely related to the probe. From the professional point of view, this article summarizes the factors affecting the test results, such as the detection device, medical wire and connection process.
(1) Detection device: The light-emitting diode and photodetector device for detecting signals are the core components of the probe. It is also the key to determining whether the value is accurate or not. The theoretical red light wavelength is 660 nm, and the infrared light is 940 nm. The value obtained by the detection is ideal. However, due to the complexity of the process of manufacturing the device, the wavelength of the red light and the infrared light produced is always deviated. The magnitude of the deviation of the wavelength of light will affect the value detected. Therefore, the manufacturing process of light-emitting diodes and photodetection devices is very important. R-RUI uses Fulco’s testing equipment, which is advantageous in both accuracy and reliability.
(2) Medical wire: In addition to the imported material (highly elastic strength and corrosion resistance), it is also designed with double-layer shielding, which can suppress noise interference and maintain signal integrity compared with single layer or no shielding. .
(3) Upholstery: The probe produced by R-RUI uses a specially designed cushion (finger pad). This cushion is comfortable and reliable. It is non-allergenic to the skin and can be applied to patients with different body shapes. And the full wrap design is adopted to avoid interference caused by light leakage from the finger movement.
(4) Finger clip: The body finger clip is made of fire-grade non-toxic ABS material, which is not easy to damage. A visor is also designed on the finger clip to better shield the peripheral light source.
(5) One of the main reasons for the general SpO2 damage is that the spring is loose, the elastic force is not enough, and the clamping force is insufficient. The R-RUI uses high-tension electroplated carbon steel spring, which is reliable and durable.
(6) Terminals: In order to ensure the reliable connection of the probe, consider the attenuation during the signal transmission process on the connection terminal with the monitor, using a special process gold-plated terminal.
(7) Connection process: The connection process of the probe is also important for the detection result. The position of the cushion is corrected to ensure the correct position of the transmitter and receiver of the detection device.
(8) In terms of accuracy, ensure that when the SpO2 value is 70%-100%, the error does not exceed plus or minus 2%, and the accuracy is higher, which makes the detection result more reliable.